By Micha Gorelick, Ian Ozsvald
Your Python code could run competently, yet you wish it to run speedier. by way of exploring the basic thought in the back of layout offerings, this useful advisor is helping you achieve a deeper figuring out of Python’s implementation. You’ll the way to find functionality bottlenecks and considerably accelerate your code in high-data-volume programs.
How are you able to reap the benefits of multi-core architectures or clusters? Or construct a procedure which can scale up and down with out wasting reliability? skilled Python programmers will research concrete recommendations to those and different concerns, in addition to warfare tales from businesses that use excessive functionality Python for social media analytics, productionized computing device studying, and different situations.
- Get a greater grab of numpy, Cython, and profilers
- Learn how Python abstracts the underlying desktop architecture
- Use profiling to discover bottlenecks in CPU time and reminiscence usage
- Write effective courses by means of settling on acceptable information structures
- Speed up matrix and vector computations
- Use instruments to assemble Python all the way down to computer code
- Manage a number of I/O and computational operations concurrently
- Convert multiprocessing code to run on an area or distant cluster
- Solve huge difficulties whereas utilizing much less RAM
By Kent D. Lee
This easy-to-follow and classroom-tested textbook courses the reader during the basics of programming with Python, an available language which are discovered incrementally. positive factors: incudes a number of examples and perform workouts in the course of the textual content, with extra routines, ideas and evaluation questions on the finish of every bankruptcy; highlights the styles which often look while writing courses, reinforcing the appliance of those styles for problem-solving via perform workouts; introduces using a debugger device to examine a application, permitting scholars to find for themselves how courses paintings and improve their figuring out; provides the Tkinter framework for development graphical consumer interface purposes and event-driven courses; offers educational movies and extra details for college students, in addition to aid fabrics for teachers, at an linked website.
The booklet includes dialogue on raster and vector info processing utilizing Python binding of GDAL/OGR library. additionally, diversified ways of representing spatial reference approach are enumerated. there's a dialogue on LIDAR info processing utilizing Python binding of libLAS library. except processing geospatial facts, the publication additionally covers plotting of geospatial information. The final bankruptcy bargains with freely on hand geospatial facts, comparable to ASTER GDEM, SRTM info and so forth.
Regular expressions are a very robust device for manipulating textual content and knowledge. they're now regular positive factors in quite a lot of languages and renowned instruments, together with Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, VB.NET and C# (and any language utilizing the .NET Framework), personal home page, and MySQL.
If you do not use normal expressions but, you can find during this e-book a complete new international of mastery over your facts. in the event you already use them, you are going to savour this book's unparalleled element and breadth of insurance. if you happen to imagine you recognize all you must find out about regularexpressions, this e-book is a beautiful eye-opener.
As this e-book exhibits, a command of standard expressions is a useful ability. common expressions let you code complicated and sophisticated textual content processing that you simply by no means imagined will be automatic. common expressions can prevent time and aggravation. they are often used to craft stylish suggestions to quite a lot of difficulties. as soon as you've gotten mastered typical expressions, they are going to turn into a useful a part of your toolkit. you are going to ask yourself the way you ever acquired by way of with out them.
Yet regardless of their huge availability, flexibility, and unheard of energy, common expressions are usually underutilized. but what's energy within the fingers of a professional should be fraught with peril for the unwary. Mastering usual Expressions may also help you navigate the minefield to changing into a professional and assist you optimize your use of standard expressions.
Mastering normal Expressions, 3rd version, now contains a complete bankruptcy dedicated to Hypertext Preprocessor and its robust and expressive suite of standard expression capabilities, as well as stronger personal home page insurance within the relevant "core" chapters. in addition, this variation has been up to date all through to mirror advances in different languages, together with increased in-depth insurance of Sun's java.util.regex package deal, which has emerged because the ordinary Java regex implementation.Topics include:
- A comparability of beneficial properties between diverse models of many languages and tools
- How the standard expression engine works
- Optimization (major rate reductions on hand here!)
- Matching simply what you will have, yet no longer what you do not want
- Sections and chapters on person languages
Written within the lucid, wonderful tone that makes a posh, dry subject develop into crystal-clear to programmers, and sprinkled with options to complicated real-world difficulties, Mastering commonplace Expressions, 3rd version deals a wealth details that you should positioned to immediateuse.
Reviews of this re-creation and the second one edition:
"There isn't really a greater (or extra precious) ebook on hand on commonplace expressions."
--Zak Greant, handling Director, eZ Systems
"A genuine tour-de-force of a booklet which not just covers the mechanics of regexes in striking element but in addition talks approximately potency and using regexes in Perl, Java, and .NET...If you utilize average expressions as a part of your specialist paintings (even should you have already got a very good ebook on no matter what language you are programming in) i might strongly suggest this ebook to you."
--Dr. Chris Brown, Linux Format
"The writer does a good task major the reader from regexnovice to grasp. The ebook is intensely effortless to learn and chock complete ofuseful and proper examples...Regular expressions are precious toolsthat each developer must have of their toolbox. Mastering RegularExpressions is the definitive consultant to the topic, and an outstandingresource that belongs on each programmer's bookshelf. Ten out of TenHorseshoes."
--Jason Menard, Java Ranch
Python Algorithms, moment Edition explains the Python method of set of rules research and layout. Written by way of Magnus Lie Hetland, writer of Beginning Python, this e-book is sharply all in favour of classical algorithms, however it additionally offers an excellent knowing of basic algorithmic problem-solving recommendations.
The booklet offers with probably the most vital and not easy parts of programming and laptop technology in a hugely readable demeanour. It covers either algorithmic concept and programming perform, demonstrating how concept is mirrored in genuine Python courses. recognized algorithms and knowledge buildings which are outfitted into the Python language are defined, and the consumer is proven how one can enforce and review others.
Harness the facility of Python to investigate info and create insightful predictive models
About This Book
- Learn facts mining in functional phrases, utilizing a large choice of libraries and techniques
- Learn how to define, control, and study information utilizing Python
- Step-by-step directions on growing real-world functions of information mining techniques
Who This e-book Is For
If you're a programmer who desires to start with facts mining, then this booklet is for you.
What you are going to Learn
- Apply facts mining techniques to real-world problems
- Predict the end result of activities suits in accordance with earlier results
- Determine the writer of a record in line with their writing style
- Use APIs to obtain datasets from social media and different on-line services
- Find and extract stable positive factors from tough datasets
- Create types that remedy real-world problems
- Design and enhance info mining functions utilizing various datasets
- Set up reproducible experiments and generate powerful results
- Recommend videos, on-line celebrities, and information articles according to own preferences
- Compute on enormous information, together with real-time information from the Internet
The subsequent step within the details age is to achieve insights from the deluge of information coming our manner. facts mining presents a manner of discovering this perception, and Python is likely one of the most well liked languages for info mining, supplying either energy and suppleness in analysis.
This e-book teaches you to layout and improve facts mining purposes utilizing various datasets, beginning with easy class and affinity research. subsequent, we flow directly to extra advanced information varieties together with textual content, photos, and graphs. In each bankruptcy, we create types that remedy real-world problems.
There is a wealthy and sundry set of libraries to be had in Python for information mining. This e-book covers a mess, together with the IPython pc, pandas, scikit-learn and NLTK.
Each bankruptcy of this e-book introduces you to new algorithms and strategies. via the top of the ebook, you'll achieve a wide perception into utilizing Python for facts mining, with a great wisdom and realizing of the algorithms and implementations.
By Jacqueline Kazil
How do you are taking your info research talents past Excel to the subsequent point? through studying barely enough Python to get stuff performed. This hands-on advisor exhibits non-programmers such as you how one can method details that’s in the beginning too messy or tricky to entry. you don't want to grasp something in regards to the Python programming language to get started.
Through quite a few step by step workouts, you’ll methods to gather, fresh, study, and current facts successfully. You’ll additionally observe the best way to automate your info method, agenda dossier- modifying and clean-up projects, strategy greater datasets, and create compelling tales with information you obtain.
- Quickly study simple Python syntax, info forms, and language concepts
- Work with either machine-readable and human-consumable data
- Scrape web pages and APIs to discover a bounty of invaluable information
- Clean and layout facts to put off duplicates and error on your datasets
- Learn whilst to standardize facts and whilst to check and script facts cleanup
- Explore and research your datasets with new Python libraries and techniques
- Use Python recommendations to automate your whole data-wrangling process
Learn tips to combine your functions seamlessly with net providers utilizing Python Requests
About This Book
- A fast paced advisor that demonstrates using Python Requests with the aid of examples
- Learn internet scraping with appealing Soup and Python Requests libraries
- Interact with social networking websites comparable to fb, Twitter, and Reddit to retrieve information from them
Who This publication Is For
If you're a Python administrator or developer drawn to interacting with net APIs and feature a fondness for developing your individual net functions, this is often the e-book for you. easy wisdom of Python programming, APIs, and net prone could be an advantage.
What you'll Learn
- Demonstrate using Python Requests with assistance from examples
- Use the Requests module to accommodate the interior sections of the request-response cycles
- Implement the RESTful internet API with Python Requests
- Authenticate Requests utilizing varied authentication methods
- Emulate server activities and have interaction with a ridicule server
- Interact with social networking websites comparable to fb, Twitter, and reddit
- Scrape the net with Python Requests and BeautifulSoup
- Build your individual internet software with Flask
Python is likely one of the most well liked programming languages of our period; the Python Requests library is without doubt one of the world's most sensible consumers, with the top variety of downloads. It permits easy interactions with net functions utilizing easy procedures.
You should be proven the right way to mock HTTP Requests utilizing HTTPretty, and should learn how to engage with social media utilizing Requests. This booklet can assist you to understand the paintings of net scraping with the BeautifulSoup and Python Requests libraries, and should then paddle you thru Requests outstanding skill to have interaction with APIs. it is going to empower you with the easiest practices for seamlessly drawing info from net apps. final yet now not least, you'll get the opportunity to shine your abilities through imposing a RESTful internet API with Python and Flask!
By Wes McKinney
Python for info Analysis is worried with the nuts and bolts of manipulating, processing, cleansing, and crunching information in Python. it's also a pragmatic, sleek advent to medical computing in Python, adapted for data-intensive functions. this can be a publication concerning the elements of the Python language and libraries you’ll have to successfully clear up a extensive set of information research difficulties. This publication isn't an exposition on analytical tools utilizing Python because the implementation language.
Written via Wes McKinney, the most writer of the pandas library, this hands-on publication is choked with useful instances reviews. It’s perfect for analysts new to Python and for Python programmers new to medical computing.
- Use the IPython interactive shell as your basic improvement environment
- Learn uncomplicated and complex NumPy (Numerical Python) features
- Get began with info research instruments within the pandas library
- Use high-performance instruments to load, fresh, rework, merge, and reshape data
- Create scatter plots and static or interactive visualizations with matplotlib
- Apply the pandas groupby facility to slice, cube, and summarize datasets
- Measure facts via deadlines, no matter if it’s particular situations, mounted sessions, or intervals
- Learn the best way to clear up difficulties in net analytics, social sciences, finance, and economics, via targeted examples
By Adam Mechtley
Maya Python for video games and Film is the 1st e-book to concentration solely on how you can enforce Python with Maya. Written through depended on professionals within the box, this in-depth consultant may help you grasp Maya Python, no matter if you are a pro technical artist seeking to make the transition from MEL to Python or an aspiring artist now not desirous to scramble for information.