By Kurt W. Smith
Build software program that mixes Python's expressivity with the functionality and keep watch over of C (and C++). It's attainable with Cython, the compiler and hybrid programming language utilized by foundational programs equivalent to NumPy, and popular in tasks together with Pandas, h5py, and scikits-learn. during this sensible advisor, you'll find out how to use Cython to enhance Python's performance—up to 3000x— and to wrap C and C++ libraries in Python with ease.
Author Kurt Smith takes you thru Cython's features, with pattern code and in-depth perform workouts. If you're simply beginning with Cython, or are looking to pass deeper, you'll learn the way this language is a necessary a part of any performance-oriented Python programmer's arsenal.
• Use Cython's static typing to hurry up Python code
• achieve hands-on event utilizing Cython positive factors to spice up your numeric-heavy Python
• Create new kinds with Cython—and see how briskly object-oriented programming in Python can be
• successfully arrange Cython code into separate modules and applications with no sacrificing performance
• Use Cython to provide Pythonic interfaces to C and C++ libraries
• Optimize code with Cython's runtime and compile-time profiling tools
• Use Cython's prange functionality to parallelize loops transparently with OpenMP
By Mark Summerfield
A absolutely Revised version that includes New fabric on Coroutines, Debugging, checking out, Parsing, String Formatting, and More
Python three is the simplest model of the language but: it truly is extra robust, handy, constant, and expressive than ever sooner than. Now, best Python programmer Mark Summerfield demonstrates how one can write code that takes complete good thing about Python 3's gains and idioms. Programming in Python three, moment version, brings jointly all of the wisdom you must write any application, use any regular or third-party Python three library, and create new library modules of your own.
Summerfield attracts on his a long time of Python adventure to proportion deep insights into Python three improvement you will not locate wherever else. He starts off by way of illuminating Python's "beautiful heart": the 8 key components of Python you want to write strong, high-performance courses. construction on those middle components, he introduces new issues designed to bolster your useful expertise-one proposal and hands-on instance at a time. assurance includes
- Developing in Python utilizing procedural, objectoriented, and practical programming paradigms
- Creating customized applications and modules
- Writing and studying binary, textual content, and XML documents, together with non-compulsory compression, random entry, and textual content and XML parsing
- Leveraging complicated information varieties, collections, keep an eye on constructions, and services
- Spreading software workloads throughout a number of techniques and threads
- Programming SQL databases and key--value DBM documents
- Debugging techniques-and utilizing try out pushed improvement to prevent insects within the first position
- Utilizing Python's normal expression mini-language and module
- Parsing innovations, together with tips on how to use the third-party PyParsing and PLY modules
- Building usable, effective, GUI-based purposes
- Advanced programming options, together with turbines, functionality and sophistication decorators, context managers, descriptors, summary base periods, metaclasses, coroutines, and more
Programming in Python three, moment variation, serves as either educational and language reference. It assumes a few past programming adventure, and is followed by means of broad downloadable instance code-all of it validated with Python three on home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. This variation covers Python 3.0 and 3.1, and thanks to the Python language moratorium it's also legitimate for Python 3.2 which has an analogous language as Python 3.1.
Praise for Core Python Programming
"The long-awaited moment variation of Wesley Chun's Core Python Programming proves to be worth the wait—its deep and vast insurance and important workouts can assist readers examine and perform stable Python."
—Alex Martelli, writer of Python in a Nutshell and editor of Python Cookbook
"There has been lot of fine buzz round Wesley Chun's Core Python Programming. It seems that each one the thrill is definitely earned. i feel this is often the easiest booklet presently to be had for studying Python. i'd suggest Chun's ebook over Learning Python (O'Reilly), Programming Python (O'Reilly), or The fast Python Book (Manning)."
—David Mertz, Ph.D., IBM DeveloperWorks®
"I were doing loads of learn [on] Python for the previous 12 months and feature visible a couple of confident experiences of your publication. The sentiment expressed confirms the opinion that Core Python Programming is now thought of the normal introductory text."
—Richard Ozaki, Lockheed Martin
"Finally, a e-book more than enough to be either a textbook and a reference at the Python language now exists."
—Michael Baxter, Linux Journal
"Very good written. it's the clearest, friendliest e-book i've got come upon but for explaining Python, and placing it in a much wider context. It doesn't presume a large number of different adventure. It does cross into a few vital Python issues rigorously and extensive. not like too many newbie books, it by no means condescends or tortures the reader with infantile hide-and-seek prose video games. [It] sticks to gaining a high-quality clutch of Python syntax and structure."
—http://python.org bookshop internet site
"[If ] i'll simply personal one Python booklet, it'd be Core Python Programming by way of Wesley Chun. This publication manages to hide extra themes in additional intensity than studying Python yet contains all of it in a single ebook that still greater than safely covers the middle language. [If] you're available in the market for only one e-book approximately Python, i like to recommend this ebook. you'll take pleasure in analyzing it, together with its wry programmer's wit. extra importantly, you are going to study Python. much more importantly, you will discover it useful in supporting you on your daily Python programming existence. good performed, Mr. Chun!"
—Ron Stephens, Python studying Foundation
"I imagine the simplest language for newcomers is Python, for sure. My favourite booklet is Core Python Programming."
—s003apr, MP3Car.com Forums
"Personally, i love Python. it is easy to profit, thoroughly intuitive, amazingly versatile, and beautiful darned quick. Python has merely simply began to declare mindshare within the home windows international, yet search for it to begin gaining plenty of help as humans notice it. to benefit Python, i would begin with Core Python Programming via Wesley Chun."
—Bill Boswell, MCSE, Microsoft qualified specialist journal Online
"If you study good from books, I recommend Core Python Programming. it's by way of a long way the simplest i have stumbled on. i am a Python beginner to boot and in 3 months time i have been in a position to enforce Python in tasks at paintings (automating MSOffice, SQL DB stuff, etc.)."
—ptonman, Dev Shed Forums
"Python is just a stunning language. it is easy to benefit, it truly is cross-platform, and it really works. It has accomplished some of the technical ambitions that Java strives for. A one-sentence description of Python will be: 'All different languages seem to have developed over time--but Python was once designed.' And it used to be designed good. regrettably, there are usually not a great number of books for Python. the simplest one i have run throughout up to now is Core Python Programming."
—Chris Timmons, C. R. Timmons Consulting
"If you love the Prentice corridor center sequence, one other sturdy full-blown therapy to think about will be Core Python Programming. It addresses in difficult concrete element many sensible subject matters that get little, if any, insurance in different books."
—Mitchell L version, multilevel marketing Consulting
"Core Python Programming is an amazingly effortless learn! The liberal use of examples is helping make clear a few of the extra refined issues of the language. And the comparisons to languages with which i am already primary (C/C++/Java) get you programming in checklist speed."
—Michael Santos, Ph.D., eco-friendly Hills Software
The entire Developer's advisor to Python
- New to Python? The definitive consultant to Python improvement for knowledgeable programmers
- Covers center language good points completely, together with these present in the newest Python releases—learn more than simply the syntax!
- Learn complex themes equivalent to standard expressions, networking, multithreading, GUI, Web/CGI, and Python extensions
- Includes brand-new material on databases, web consumers, Java/Jython, and Microsoft place of work, plus Python 2.6 and three
- Presents countless numbers of code snippets, interactive examples, and functional routines to bolster your Python skills
Python is an agile, strong, expressive, totally object-oriented, extensible, and scalable programming language. It combines the ability of compiled languages with the simplicity and speedy improvement of scripting languages. In Core Python Programming, moment Edition , major Python developer and coach Wesley Chun is helping you study Python quick and comprehensively so you might instantly be triumphant with any Python project.
Using useful code examples, Chun introduces all of the basics of Python programming: syntax, gadgets and reminiscence administration, info varieties, operators, documents and I/O, features, turbines, mistakes dealing with and exceptions, loops, iterators, useful programming, object-oriented programming and extra. when you research the center basics of Python, he indicates you what you are able to do together with your new abilities, delving into complicated themes, comparable to average expressions, networking programming with sockets, multithreading, GUI improvement, Web/CGI programming and increasing Python in C.
This version displays significant improvements within the Python 2.x sequence, together with 2.6 and suggestions for migrating to three. It includes new chapters on database and net buyer programming, plus assurance of many new subject matters, together with new-style sessions, Java and Jython, Microsoft workplace (Win32 COM shopper) programming, and lots more and plenty more.
- Learn expert Python type, most sensible practices, and strong programming conduct
- Gain a deep figuring out of Python's items and reminiscence version in addition to its OOP positive aspects, together with these present in Python's new-style periods
- Build greater net, CGI, net, and community and different client/server functions
- Learn how you can enhance your individual GUI functions utilizing Tkinter and different toolkits on hand for Python
- Improve the functionality of your Python purposes via writing extensions in C and different languages, or increase I/O-bound functions through the use of multithreading
- Learn approximately Python's database API and the way to exploit various database structures with Python, together with MySQL, Postgres, and SQLite
- Features appendices on Python 2.6 & three, together with pointers on migrating to the following generation!
Core Python Programming delivers
- Systematic, specialist insurance of Python's center positive factors
- Powerful insights for constructing advanced purposes
- Easy-to-use tables and charts detailing Python modules, operators, features, and strategies
- Dozens of professional-quality code examples, from fast snippets to full-fledged applications
Develop interesting real-world Python-based internet purposes with Neo4j utilizing frameworks corresponding to Flask, Py2neo, and Django
About This Book
- Develop a collection of universal purposes and suggestions with Neo4j and Python
- Secure and installation the Neo4j database in production
- A step by step consultant on enforcing and deploying interactive Python-based net functions on graph facts model
Who This e-book Is For
If you're a Python developer and wish to extend your knowing of Python-based internet purposes over Neo4j graph info types, this can be the e-book for you.
What you'll Learn
- Understand the licensing and deploy of the Neo4j database and paintings with its a number of instruments and utilities
- Learn the intricacies of Cypher as a graph question language
- Work with Cypher to create and adjust graph info models
- Integrate Python and Neo4j utilizing Py2neo
- Develop REST-based prone over social community info utilizing Flask and item graph types over Neo4j
- Integrate Django-based net purposes over graph facts versions utilizing Neomodel
- Explore assorted deployment versions and their applicability with present applications
Py2neo is an easy and pragmatic Python library that offers entry to the preferred graph database Neo4j through its RESTful net carrier interface. This brings with it a seriously refactored middle, a cleanser API, higher functionality, and a few new idioms.
You will commence with licensing and fitting Neo4j, studying the basics of Cypher as a graph question language, and exploring Cypher optimizations. you can find how you can combine with a number of Python frameworks corresponding to Flask and its extensions: Py2neo, Neomodel, and Django. eventually, the deployment features of your Python-based Neo4j purposes in a construction setting is additionally coated. by way of sequentially operating in the course of the steps in every one bankruptcy, you are going to quick study and grasp some of the implementation information and integrations of Python and Neo4j, supporting you to boost your use situations extra quickly.
By Dave Brueck
The Python 2.1 Bible offers the one entire Python language reference out there and comprises all of the details and software program that builders have to use Python as a swift program improvement tool.
The Python 2.1 Bible fills a serious void within the Python reference industry. even though it encompasses a entire Python language reference part, it's nonetheless geared in the direction of these of you who have already got a few programming adventure. This e-book explains every piece of expertise extensive and indicates via transparent examples why every one characteristic comes in handy. this can be the guide you have been looking ahead to -- the one who covers all significant Python elements with no glossing over how a few of the items healthy jointly.
By Mark Roseman
This publication will quick get you on top of things with construction appealing and sleek graphical person interfaces with Python and Tkinter, it really is general GUI toolkit.
Newer models of Tkinter characterize a quantum breakthrough, forsaking the usually gruesome and outmoded Tkinter visual appeal you will be acquainted with. yet previously, it has been tough to determine simply the right way to reap the benefits of all these interesting enhancements.
Who this publication is for
This publication is designed for builders construction instruments and purposes in Tk. it is also inquisitive about quite mainstream graphical person interfaces, with buttons, lists, checkboxes, richtext enhancing, second pics etc. So in case you are both seeking to hack on Tk's inner C code, or construct the subsequent nice 3D immersive video game interface, this is often not really the fabric for you.
This e-book additionally does not educate you the Python programming language (the e-book makes use of Python 3), so that you must have a easy seize on that already. equally, you will have a easy familiarity with computing device purposes in most cases, and once you should not have to be a consumer interface fashion designer, a few appreciation of GUI layout is often helpful.
Whether you're completely new to Tkinter, or simply have to carry your Tkinter wisdom brand new, this publication provides you with every little thing you want to commence construction sleek, beautiful Tkinter-based person interfaces that run on home windows, Mac and Linux.
This booklet brings jointly Python-specific info from the multi-lingual TkDocs.com site, and helps additional improvement of that site.
Topics coated include:
- fitting Tkinter
- uncomplicated Tk innovations (widgets, geometry administration, occasion handling)
- easy Widgets (frame, label, button, checkbutton, radiobutton, access, combobox)
- Grid Geometry Manager
- extra Widgets (listbox, scrollbar, sizegrip, textual content, progressbar, scale, spinbox)
- Menus (menubars, platform menus, contextual menus)
- home windows and Dialogs
- Organizing complicated Interfaces (separator, labelframe, panedwindow, notebook)
- Fonts, shades and Images
- Canvas Widget
- textual content Widget
- Tree Widget
- kinds and Themes
By Vineeth G. Nair
Enhance your internet scraping abilities with appealing Soup
About This Book
- Learn in regards to the gains of gorgeous Soup with Python
- Understand the way to use an easy solution to extract details from web content utilizing attractive Soup and the Python urllib2 module
- Master looking out, navigation, content material amendment, encoding, and output tools fast and efficiently
- Try out the instance code and become familiar with appealing Soup easily
Who This e-book Is For
Getting all started with attractive Soup is excellent for anyone who's attracted to site scraping and extracting details. although, a uncomplicated wisdom of Python, HTML tags, and CSS is needed for higher understanding.
What you are going to Learn
- Learn tips on how to scrape HTML pages from websites
- Implement an easy option to scrape any site with the aid of developer instruments, the Python urllib2 module, and lovely Soup
- Learn the right way to look for info inside an HTML/XML page
- Modify the contents of an HTML tree
- Understand encoding help in appealing Soup
- Learn concerning the sorts of output formatting
Beautiful Soup is a Python library designed for speedy turnaround tasks like screen-scraping. appealing Soup offers a couple of basic tools and Pythonic idioms for navigating, looking, and enhancing a parse tree: a toolkit for dissecting a rfile and extracting what you would like with out writing extra code for an program. It does not take a lot code to write down an program utilizing appealing Soup.
Getting begun with appealing Soup is a pragmatic consultant to attractive Soup utilizing Python. The publication starts off by way of strolling you thru the set up of every and each characteristic of gorgeous Soup utilizing uncomplicated examples which come with pattern Python codes in addition to diagrams and screenshots anywhere required for larger figuring out. The publication discusses the issues of the way precisely you may get facts out of an internet site and offers a simple resolution with the aid of a true web site and pattern code.
Getting all started with attractive Soup is going over the various how you can set up attractive Soup in either Linux and home windows structures. you are going to then find out about looking, navigating, content material amendment, encoding help, and output formatting with the aid of examples and pattern Python codes for every instance that you should test them out to get a greater figuring out. This e-book is a realistic advisor for scraping details from any site. a good way to how you can successfully scrape pages from web content, then this booklet is for you.
By Tim Hall
There are many extra those that are looking to research programming except aspiring computing device scientists with a passing grade in complex calculus. This consultant appeals on your intelligence and skill to unravel sensible difficulties, whereas lightly educating the newest revision of the programming language Python.
You can study good software program layout abilities and attain useful programming projects, like extending functions and automating daily procedures, whether you haven't any programming event in any respect. Authors Tim Hall and J–P Stacey use daily language to decode programming jargon and educate Python three to absolutely the beginner.
What you’ll learn
- Cultivate a problem–solving technique and procure software program layout talents.
- Learn the best way to create your individual software program from uncomplicated “Hello World”-type courses to stand–alone windowed purposes.
- Document whereas programming, software whereas documenting.
- Decode programmers’ jargon.
- Master the Python three programming language.
Who this booklet is for
Non–programmers who are looking to examine Python programming with out taking a detour through a working laptop or computer technological know-how division.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Python
- Designing software program
- Variables and information varieties
- Making offerings
- Using Lists
- Working with textual content
- Executable records, association, and Python on the internet
- Reusing Code with Modules and programs
- Simple Windowed functions
You Will Learn Python!
Zed Shaw has perfected the world's top method for studying Python. keep on with it and you'll succeed-just just like the thousands of newcomers Zed has taught thus far! You deliver the self-discipline, dedication, and patience; the writer offers every thing else.
In Learn Python the tough manner, 3rd Edition, you will research Python by means of operating via fifty two brilliantly crafted workouts. learn them. variety their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) repair your blunders. Watch the courses run. As you do, you will learn the way software program works; what reliable courses seem like; how you can learn, write, and consider code; and the way to discover and fasten your errors utilizing tips specialist programmers use. most significantly, you are going to examine the subsequent, that you have to begin writing very good Python software program of your own:
Installing a whole Python environment
Organizing and writing code
Strings and text
Interacting with users
Working with files
Looping and logic
Data constructions utilizing lists and dictionaries
Inheritance and composition
Modules, sessions, and objects
Basic online game development
Basic net development
It'll be not easy at the beginning. yet quickly, you will simply get it-and that might consider nice!
This instructional will gift you for each minute you place into it. quickly, you will comprehend one of many world's strongest, renowned programming languages. you will be a Python programmer.
Watch Zed, too! The accompanying DVD includes five+ hours of passionate, strong instructing: an entire Python video course!
By Doug Hellmann
“Hellmann’s writing has turn into an imperative source for me etc because it fills a severe hole in Python Documentation with examples.”
– Jesse Noller, Python middle Developer and PSF Board Member
Master the robust Python usual Library via genuine Code Examples
The Python normal Library comprises hundreds and hundreds of modules for interacting with the working procedure, interpreter, and Internet–all largely confirmed and able to jump-start your software improvement. The Python regular Library via instance (2 quantity Set) introduces nearly each very important sector of the Python 2.7 library via concise, stand-alone resource code/output examples, designed for simple studying and reuse.
Building on his renowned Python Module of the Week blog sequence, writer and Python specialist Doug Hellmann makes a speciality of “showing” no longer “telling.” He explains code habit via downloadable examples that totally show each one feature.
You’ll locate functional code for operating with textual content, info forms, algorithms, math, dossier structures, networking, the net, XML, e mail, cryptography, concurrency, runtime and language prone, and masses extra. each one part absolutely covers one module, and hyperlinks to beneficial extra assets, making this e-book an awesome instructional and reference. insurance includes
Manipulating textual content with string, textwrap, re, and difflib
Implementing info buildings: collections, array, queue, struct, replica, and more
Reading, writing, and manipulating records and directories
Regular expression development matching
Exchanging facts and offering for endurance Archiving and information compression
Managing procedures and threads
Using program “building blocks”: parsing command-line concepts, prompting for passwords, scheduling occasions, and logging
Testing, debugging, and compilation
Controlling runtime configuration
Using module and package deal utilities
If you’re new to Python, this ebook will quick provide you with entry to an entire new international of performance. If you’ve labored with Python ahead of, you’ll become aware of new, strong ideas and higher how one can use the modules you’ve already tried.